Exasperation quotes

• I thank God tonight for freedom - those who bought and paid for it with their lives in the past - those who will protect it in the present and defend it in the future.

• Experts often possess more data than judgment.

• Design is just language and the real issue is what you use that language to do.

• The work of art acts like another living person with whom we are conversing.

• I think the greatest way to learn is to learn by someone's example.

• When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?

• Happiness is the intoxication produced by the moment of poise between a satisfactory past and an immediate future, rich with promise.

• I will hate the man you choose because he isn't me, and love him if he makes you smile.

• Any transition serious enough to alter your definition of self will require not just small adjustments in your way of living and thinking but a full-on metamorphosis.

• A day will come when the European god of the nineteenth century will be classed with the gods of Olympus and the Nile.