Open Eyes quotes

• To hear that you're doing something that other people are enjoying, it's a fun game. It's like hitting a tennis ball over the net, and somebody hits it back. That's what it feels like with the fans. It feels like someone else is participating in my creation, and it's quite incredible.

• And then of course, obviously as far as issues such as global warming, something has to be done on the corporate side, there has to be some mandate or some legislation.

• Love is all the small moments. It is what fills the quiet.

• I think it's important as a filmmaker, as any person working in the arts, that you've got to try new stuff and challenge yourself and take chances.

• Jesus was not conquered by death. By His death, He conquered death.

• I would love to not date someone in the same industry as me. Otherwise it becomes what it means to everyone else.

• Bankers cannot afford to be concerned with only the economic aspects of projects. There may be serious implications on the natural environment, the urban environment, on human culture.

• When you've suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling.

• Felting Phil (taking all of his chips down to the felt on the table). I loved beating him and then hed go over to the couch and sulk, staring at the ceiling.

• Don't live every day as if it were your last. Live every day as if it were your first.