Things Work Out quotes

• There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper.

• Some people, and I am one of them, hate happy ends. We feel cheated. Harm is the norm.

• When I was a child, I spoke like a child. When I was an adult, I no longer spoke like a child. When I became old and wise, I spoke again like a child. I wish I had spoken all my life like a child.

• What's new is high oil prices and the economy hates high oil prices.

• So what do I wish for? Something I'm not sure I want? Someone I'm not sure I need? Or someone I know I can't have?

• We don't need to clear the 4 to 6 percent of the Earth's surface remaining in tropical rain forests, with most of the animal and plant species living there.

• One other thing, if it's possible, as songwriters, you should also develop yourself as record producers.

• How can you fight someone you can't hit?

• It doesnt matter about money and fame and whatever. I really dont care about that. My thing is, Im happy that Im able to have kids have a hero and have someone that they can look up to.

• [John] Adams's letters to [his wife] Abigail are wonderful. In his letters, he is loving, humorous, preachy, learned, and saucy. He speaks to her with almost complete abandon, revealing all of his sensuous and vulnerable nature.