Hassle quotes

• Some knowledge and some song and some beauty must be kept for those days before the world again plunges into darkness.

• I think all of my writing life led up to the writing of 'The Train Driver' because it deals with my own inherited blindness and guilt and all of what being a white South African in South Africa during those apartheid years meant.

• Each year one vicious habit discarded, in time might make the worst of us good.

• I write what I see and whatever inspires me. The energy the earth gives me, what's on my mind, or what's in my heart becomes part of the lyrical content.

• I love the Holy Spirit. I can't stand to see it being disrespected. It's been there for me at times when I really needed it. Therefore, I have a duty to stand for it is how I feel.

• I do like nice things; we do live in a great house, but I don't choose my friends by how much money they have or what labels they're wearing.

• All farms are much alike everywhere, and all wild places have their own beauty.

• When I was growing up, there weren't any Little Leagues in the city. Parents worked all the time. They didn't have time to take their kids out to play baseball and football.

• The Bagshaw's blew up an armored truck one,' Gabrielle offered.

• Bob Duvall is a great actor because each time out, he creates a whole, complete character. You have the feeling that you're not seeing an actor at all, but a fully realized human being. Think of how he was in The Godfather. If you didn't know Bobby, you'd think that he really was Tom, the consigliere. Then you see him in Santini, and he's completely different. He's not only a personality, he's a consummate actor.