Platinum quotes

• It is disgraceful to live as a stranger in one's country, and be an alien in any matter that affects our welfare.

• Nobody's life is interesting enough to warrant a third memoir.

• A girl must allow others to share the responsibility for care, thus enabling others to care for her. She must learn how to care inways appropriate to her age, her desires, and her needs; she then acts with authenticity. She must be allowed the freedom not to care; she then has access to a wide range of feelings and is able to care more fully.

• My next film is always shaped by the last one... by the things I feel I didn't get right, or the things I like and want to try to develop further, but it always comes out of the last picture.

• Solitude and privacy have become more essential to the individual; but modern enterprise and invention have, through invasions upon his privacy, subjected him to mental pain and distress.

• I feel like I give myself all day long to other people and other things, and I still seem like I have something to write once in awhile. Not often, though.

• It is the role of the poet to look at what is happening in the world and to know that quite other things are happening.

• We do not wish success yet we obtain it. Always we find what we are not looking for. These words are too true not to become a proverb some day.

• Evil will never find peace. It may triumph, but it will never find peace

• As with Steinitz, Fischer's genius has often been concealed by controversies away from the board. Like Lasker, Fischer has raised chess to new financial heights despite frequent retreats from serious play. And, like Capablanca, Fischer is recognized by millions of non-players and has won the game many new enthusiasts.