Etch A Sketch quotes

• I wanted each woman to be a rebellious Vashti, not an Esther.

• I am glad that the Crown have proved that I am the leader of the Half-breeds in the North-West. I will perhaps be one day acknowledged as more than a leader of the Half-breeds, and if I am I will have an opportunity of being acknowledged as a leader of good in this great country.

• Independence is a state of mind. Independence is spirit without category.

• As he stared back, he altered...as if a shield slid away fro his eyes, revealing a scorching force of will that sucked the air from my lungs. The intense magnetism he exuded grew in strength, becoming a near tangible impression of vibrant and unrelenting power.

• The nation will continue to be a central pole of identification, even if more and more nations come to share common economic and political forms of organization.

• If you want to get into the business of doing voices for cartoons, you've got to be a good actor. It's all about acting. It's not about the voice. The voice is just one part of what you bring to the character.

• If your book doesn't keep you up nights when you are writing it, it won't keep anyone up nights reading it.

• I still read a lot about teenage angst! Of course, any kind of mourning CAN become pathological and then it 'has to stop', but to move through life untouched by the loss of hopes, beliefs and aspirations once cherished is also questionable.

• I have been missing the point. The point is not knowing another person, or learning to love another person. The point is simply this: how tender can we bear to be? What good manners can we show as we welcome ourselves and others into our hearts?

• The great mistake these people make is that they go to looking after the spiritual welfare of the Indians before securing their physical.