Texan quotes

• No man will ever be a big executive who feels that he must, either openly or under cover, follow up every order he gives and see that it is done-nor will he ever develop a capable assistant.

• I feel that man can transcend himself to a point where he can accomplish greater things than he thinks. I see people depressed and I see people who devalue themselves and I feel that's a terrible, terrible waste. But I love the people who try. But try fairly, try honestly.

• What a man knows at fifty that he did not know at twenty is for the most part incommunicable.

• It's amazing the things you realize when you lose someone: you get mad at yourself for not saying the things you could've a million times, you take for granted the days spent doing nothing when you could have been with them. Anyone can be taken, at any time in our lives, but we always wait until they're gone to say the things we never had the courage to before.

• Nobody’s going to save you. No one’s going to cut you down, cut the thorns thick around you. No one’s going to storm the castle walls nor kiss awake your birth, climb down your hair, nor mount you onto the white steed. There is no one who will feed the yearning. Face it. You will have to do, do it yourself.

• In black and white there are more colors than color photography, because you are not blocked by any colors so you can use your experiences, your knowledge, and your fantasy, to put colors into black and white.

• With the possible exception of having more pleasing lines to the eye while in flight, the monoplane possesses no material advantage over the biplane.

• Your own imagination as to the true ability of the permaculture design system, you need to trust the system and stick to main frame basics with profound and thorough thinking while trusting yourself.

• cookbooks, I found, are intended for people with time to cook - and, surprisingly often, for people who already know how to cook.

• Keep a cool head and maintain a low profile. Never take the lead - but aim to do something big.