Enlargement quotes

• To me history ought to be a source of pleasure. It isn't just part of our civic responsibility. To me it's an enlargement of the experience of being alive, just the way literature or art or music is.
    -- David McCullough

#Art #Responsibility #Enlargement

• I think you write only out of a great trouble. A trouble of excitement, a trouble of enlargement, a trouble of displacement in yourself.
    -- Eleanor Clark

#Writing #Thinking #Enlargement

• Enormous enlargements of an object or a fragment give it a personality it never had before, and in this way, it can become a vehicle of entirely new lyric and plastic power.
    -- Fernand Leger

#Giving #Personality #Enlargement

• We need to consolidate our enlargement agenda but be cautious with new commitments.
    -- Olli Rehn

#Commitment #Enlargement #Needs

• There is nothing small about our God, and when we understand God we will find out that there ought not to be anything small about us. We must have an enlargement of our conception of God, then we will know that we have come to a place where all things are possible, for our God is an omnipotent God for impossible positions.
    -- Smith Wigglesworth

#Enlargement #Impossible #Position

• I do not allow myself to be overcome by hopelessness, no matter how tough the situation. I believe that if you just do your little bit without thinking of the bigness of what you stand against, if you turn to the enlargement of your own capacities, just that itself creates new potential.
    -- Vandana Shiva

#Believe #Thinking #Enlargement

• Foreign policy can mean several things, not only foreign policy in the narrow sense. It can cover foreign policy, relations with the developing world, and enlargement as well.
    -- Romano Prodi

#Mean Girls #World #Enlargement

• If I give someone a horsetail he will have no difficulty making a photographic enlargement of it - anyone can do that. But to observe it, to notice and discover its forms, is something that only a few are capable of.
    -- Karl Blossfeldt

#Giving #Enlargement #Form

• The eye is the jewel of the body.

• A free America... means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it.

• Sometimes, she said, mostly to herself, I feel I do not know my children... It was a fleeting statement, one I didn't think she'd hold on to; after all, she had birthed us alone, diapered and fed us, helped us with homework, kissed and hugged us, poured her love into us. That she might not actually know us seemed the humblest thing a mother could admit.

• Look, if I were running the FBI, you know, I probably would want to have backdoors as well, so I'm sympathetic to the director's view. But there is risk if you put that backdoor in. There's no question you enhance the risk, number one. Number two, there are the privacy implications that are of concern to parties.

• There are so many hot, sexy women in L.A.

• Une histoire d'amour dont les épisodes ont été mélangés par un fou

• That's what Kiss is all about - not just music, but entertainment, y'know? We're there to take you away from your problems, and rock and roll all night and party every day for those two hours you're at the concert.

• I got a lovely check today from being a writer that I earned by sitting at home. That's rewarding.

• I will watch over My flock by night (Isaiah 27:3). Behold, I have appointed My ministers as your watchmen, as overseers who watch for your souls (Hebrews 13:17; Acts 20:28)

• I grew up on movie sets and traveling the world with my pops.