Ecstatic quotes

• Writing should be meaningful for children, Y an intrinsic need should be aroused in them, and Y writing should be incorporated into a task that is necessary and relevant.

• The most profound indication of social malignancy ... no sense of humor. None of the monoliths could take a joke.

• A familiar question for Australians is how much we are a product of our circumstances, and how much we are what we have made ourselves to be. In truth, by the act of migration the country was made: by that voluntary act and by the emigrants' ambitions it was built.

• Every day has its great grief or its small anxiety. ... One cloud is dispelled, another forms. There is hardly one day in a hundred of real joy and bright sunshine.

• We wrote what sounded good to us and hoped it would find a home.

• A lot of times, identifying with a character in a book or a movie makes me feel really vulnerable. Especially in books, it's like being able to see an amplified version of yourself, and it's very surreal.

• The art of life is the art of avoiding pain.

• I believe it's time that women truly owned their superpowers and used their beauty and strength to change the world around them. Becoming a CoverGirl is truly and honor and a gift: it opens up a new platform for me to inspire women to feel stronger, braver and more beautiful inside and out.

• Success, like happiness, is the unexpected side effect of one's personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself.

• When you feel the rise of unpleasant emotions, take a moment and make an effort to identify their source. The answers are far more available than you may have previously believed. Accept such feelings as your own in the moment. Do not shove them underneath, ignore them or try to substitute what you think of as good thoughts.