Humbug quotes

• I have never known a patient to portray his parents more negatively than he actually experienced them in childhood but always more positively--because idealization of his parents was essential for his survival.

• I can convert anyone.

• Open discussion of many major public questions has for some time now been taboo. We can't open our mouths without being denounced as racists, misogynists, supremacists, imperialists or fascists. As for the media, they stand ready to trash anyone so designated.

• A man who is without capital, and who, by prohibitions upon banking, is practically forbidden to hire any, is in a condition elevated but one degree above that of a chattel slave. He may live; but he can live only as the servant of others; compelled to perform such labor, and to perform it at such prices, as they may see fit to dictate.

• Since I have that edgy, rocker-tomboy kind of vibe, it can be very difficult to translate my style for the red carpet.

• California deserves whatever it gets. Californians invented the concept of life-style. This alone warrants their doom.

• Only the most naive of questions are truly serious.

• I don't want it to appear that I'm standing up and saying I'm the expected one. That's a dangerous, ego-driven kind of thing.

• I think if something resonates, even if it's surreal, it's because it is relatable and I think that that's a core issue for me.

• What you're missing is that the path itself changes you.