Joys And Sorrows quotes

• That's the thing that always stuck out to me - the idea that quantity becomes quality. I always took it to mean if you do anything enough, if you keep putting effort in, eventually something will happen, with or without you. You don't have to have faith when you start out, you just have to dedicate yourself to practice as if you have it.

• The brassy wood-pigeons Bubble their colourful voices, and the sun Rises upon a world well-tried and old.

• In some ways Lawler is a conceptual Diane Arbus. She's a stalker who takes advantage of situations. She pulls back curtains, causing normal things to look freakish and the freakish to turn mundane.

• Having this other career in music made me work harder as an actress. It's made me more professional.

• The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

• Overall, we had about 50 meetings where the brothers would say that I couldn't do any solo records, I couldn't write for other people, I couldn't do this and I couldn't do that. These guys were trying to nail my feet to the ground.

• Anytime I am asked to use my creativity as a way to be of service, I consider it an opportunity I cannot refuse. This experience was truly a pleasure. Scott's enthusiasm is infectious His voice is soothing and beautiful at the same time.

• In addition to the social pressures from the scientific community there is also at work a very human trait of individual scientist. I call it the law of the instrument , and it may be formulated as follows: Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding. It comes as no particular surprise to discover that a scientist formulates problems in a way which requires for their solution just those techniques in which he himself is especially skilled.

• Creativity is a scavenger hunt. It's your obligation to pay attention to clues, to the thing that gives you that little tweak.

• For the book unwritten is the book burned.