Young Adult quotes

• Recreation is not the highest kind of enjoyment, but in its time and place is quite as proper as prayer.

• We forget cruelty and past betrayal, Heedless of where the next bright bolt may fall.

• There's plenty of intelligence in the world, but the courage to do things differently is in short supply.

• What would you think of a person who always wanted things from you but never offered a word of thanks in return? We can be that way with God, can't we? Let's remember to thank Him.

• I feel like I'm creeping closer to finding the situation that triggers songwriting, which is obviously an extreme of an emotion.

• The world is wrong side up. It needs to be turned upside down in order to be right side up.

• I have no regrets in my life whatsoever.

• I feel totally disconnected from reality in Washington. Maybe I'm just really pretentious - in fact, I probably am - but I feel like people in this city have no idea about where their reality is coming from and who is helping them to live in this illusion. I've gone from the south side of Chicago, where everyone is completely unrealistic about what's important in life to a place like this, where people are still unrealistic about what's important, but it's on two opposite sides of the spectrum. I just get tired of it all. It makes me really, really angry.

• Abraham Lincoln was not philosopher, exactly. But he did have a strong mind, which sought generalizations as well as particulars. He had a terrific memory.

• The good thing about writing a true story is that you don't have to worry about giving an impression of realism.