Environmentalism quotes

• You're neither unnatural, nor abominable, nor mad; you're as much a part of what people call nature as anyone else; only you're unexplained as yet -- you've not got your niche in creation. ~ The Well of Loneliness, 1928

• Grace reached over and began stroking her fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes and let her drive me crazy.

• Thou hadst, for weary feet, the gift of rest.

• The best teacher lodges an intent not in the mind but in the heart.

• And Nietzche, with his theory of eternal recurrence. He said that the life we lived we're going to live over again the exact same way for eternity. Great. That means I'll have to sit through the Ice Capades again.

• I'm an elderly Jewish lesbian trapped in a 33 year old nerd's body.

• It's only when it's smoothed out by history and we try to make sense of it - this incredibly complicated period when everyone's doing something different every day - that we look for those stylistic similarities and we say, "Well, that's what that was about," and sort of forget all the other nuance. I definitely feel that that's true for this time in my community of artists, and I'm sure that it was true at other times too.

• I only know one way to pitch. I really do.

• Alan Ginsberg was fabulous. The man is so filled with energy. He's 65 years old and he's just loaded with energy and charm and wit and his mind is constantly racing.

• I just want to love and be loved.