Happiness Is A Choice quotes

• In buskined measures move Pale Grief and pleasing Pain, With Horror, tyrant of the throbbing breast.

• How simple-minded of the Germans to imagine that we British could be cowed by the destruction of our ancient monuments! As though any havoc of the German bombs could possibly equal the things we have done ourselves!

• People never know how strong is their lust for being cheated.

• Whatever your issue is, whether it's racism or homophobia or policy issues or taxes or urban decay or health care, you're not going to go anywhere with it if we don't focus on the concentration of power.

• Maps are essential. Planning a journey without a map is like building a house without drawings.

• But we're born as children and we look at the world with open eyes... And we don't judge and we don't betray. We're not jealous. We're not envious. We're not even weary, which is a danger also as kids. They have to learn a certain amount of awareness.

• Flowers often grow more beautifully on dung-hills than in gardens that look beautifully kept.

• I'll come to thee by moonlight, though hell should bar the way.

• We all live in a free Poland, and there would be no free Poland without you, Twenty-five years ago, I did not stand on the same side together with you, but today I have no doubts that it was your vision of Poland which led us in the right direction.

• A tree is a self: it is 'unseen shaping' more than it is leaves or bark, roots or cellulose or fruit ... What this means is that we must address trees as we must address all things, confronting them in the awareness that we are in the presence of numinous mystery.