Flaunting quotes

• The theoretician believes in logic and believes that he despises dreams, intuition, and poetry. He does not recognize that these three fairies have only disguised themselves in order to dazzle him.... He does not know that he owes his greatest discoveries to them.

• Nobody wants to know how you feel, yet, they want you to do what they feel.

• A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

• There are two kinds of sculptures. There's the kind that subtracts: Michelangelo starts with a block of marble and chips away. And then there is the kind that adds, building with clay, piling it on. The way I write novels is to keep piling on and piling on and piling on.

• I think that we need to be careful, as reporters and as journalists, not to take the bait and not to get into an endless discussion about issues that are trivial.

• Writing is simply something you must do. It's rather like virtue in that it is its own reward.

• I don't want you to understand the details. To feel how it feels, you just have to be on the ground with the people. That's where photojournalists have a lot of magic.

• The second show [Judas Priest] there was a point where I stood back. We had a 40-foot ramp that went out into the crowd. Rob came out on the bike. It was raining. He drove the bike to the end of the ramp. I'm standing there looking at him. Rain coming down. Lights flashing. Blue smoke everywhere from the bike. He's on the bike with his metal horns in the air, and there were 30,000 people in front of him screaming. I remember thinking, "This is real."

• I have one of the original 'Ghostbusters' guns in my house.

• Every war involves a greater or less relapse into barbarism. War, indeed, in its details, is the essence of inhumanity. It dehumanizes. It may save the state, but it destroys the citizen.