Entourage quotes

• It is comparatively easy to achieve a certain unity in a picture by allowing one colour to dominate, or by muting all the colours. Matisse did neither. He clashed his colours together like cymbals and the effect was like a lullaby.

• It does not matter if you believe in God, because God believes in you,

• Every year thousands of Americans mistakenly refer to Cinco de Mayo as Mexico's Independence Day.

• I was convinced that acting was for fools. I was on the stage when I was eight with my father, he was playing one of those Greek blind guys that sees things and warns people, whilst I was in a blue skirt. I think there were 5,000 people in the theatre, it was ridiculous.

• We have this sense that there's something bigger than us, above and beyond. If you take away the idea of God, you need to replace it with a shared moral code. Otherwise, everybody becomes very self-centred and materialistic.

• Someday a computer will give a wrong answer to spare someone's feelings, and man will have invented artificial intelligence.

• Can I be blamed for wanting a real body, to put my arms around? Without it I too am disembodied. I can listen to my own heartbeat against the bedsprings...but there’s something dead about it, something deserted.

• Sometimes in tragedy we find our life's purpose - the eye sheds a tear to find its focus.

• Dependency arguments often come from elites - either aid agencies or governments - and say something about attitudes to poor people.

• Ideas are, in truth, force.