Fiji quotes

• I'm surrounded by freaks. Am I weirder than the rest of them? Ultimately I've learned to pride myself on being quirky.

• It's true, isn't it, that each of us has two hearts? The secret heart, curled behind like a fist, living gnarled and shrunken beneath the plain, open one we use every day.

• Everybody wants to manage me; management is a touchy situation.

• Don't spend money on gear. Spend it on plane tickets.

• Oh I don't plan on getting married. It's a legalized form of prostitution.

• One of the good things is the relationship between director and editor used to be more contentious. Studios used to leave directors alone more during the post production process and now they're clamoring to get in. So, the director and the editor end up teaming up sort of against the studio to fight what they're doing and you lose the creative tension that you used to have between an editor and a director.

• It’s good to be here. I’m just trying to go through life without looking stupid. It’s not working out too well.

• To hate, to love, to think, to feel, to see; all this is nothing but to perceive.

• As in the pseudoscience of bloodletting, just so in the pseudoscience of city rebuilding and planning, years of learning and a plethora of subtle and complicated dogma have arisen on a foundation of nonsense.

• Ending poverty and ensuring sustainability are the defining challenges of our time. Energy is central to both of them.