Odessa quotes

• I always had a curiosity about Texas. I had a curiosity about small-town life, although, granted, Odessa's not a tiny town.
    -- Buzz Bissinger

#Texas #Curiosity #Odessa

• Little Odessa. Of all my movies, it's the one that I still really love when I watch it and I'm pretty happy with what I didn in that.
    -- Edward Furlong

#Watches #Odessa #Littles

• A superb and dreadfully moving account of the glory and subsequent murder by the Romanians of the Jewish city in Odessa. . . . Odessa is both celebration and lament and equally impressive as both.
    -- Harold Bloom

#Moving #Cities #Odessa

• I was strongly encouraged by a science teacher who took an interest in me and presented me with a key to the laboratory to allow me to work whenever I wanted.

• Fire is a symbol for so much. It's a symbol for change. It's a symbol for destruction. Out of the ashes of that comes an opportunity to start over. It's one of the greatest metaphors in nature that you can possibly lean on, especially as a songwriter. You're trying to describe either something coming to a complete and utter end or something that is in flux, or something that's on the verge of becoming something else.

• Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious.

• All artists yearn to struggle, when they struggle they know they're alive.

• I was raised on a farm in Kansas where we lived next door to my Grandma Dew, and I was her shadow. We went everywhere together - to the bank, the doctor, the Early Bird Garden Club, and to an endless procession of Church meetings.

• The best compliment for me is when someone says they'll pay to watch me play, And I can say that I'll pay to watch MS Dhoni bat. MS is not the next Gilchrist. He's the first MS Dhoni

• The avant-garde poet or artist tries in effect to imitate God by creating something valid solely on its own terms.

• I like things to have rules, I like order and I like schedules.

• I think, collectively, we should be paying more attention to what is going on around us in the world among people who dont have the advantages that we have.

• I was a huge fantasy geek growing up. I was the dungeon master in my D&D game.