Zing quotes

• It's always awkward to pretend to play. I feel like Ashlee Simpson. Oooh, zing.
    -- Frank Iero

#Play #Awkward #Zing

• I prefer the word aviatrix. It has more zing to it." "It's very zingy," I agreed.
    -- Kenneth Oppel

#Zing

• Cigarettes are an instant signifier in culture. It punctuates a joke, or puts that extra zing on a punch line. I like them as a prop. I think it can be really useful for character and texture and contrast and all of that.
    -- Martha Plimpton

#Character #Thinking #Zing

• I vote. People died for our right to vote and I can't let that go.

• We have had the stone age; we have had the iron age; and now we have the sky age, and the sky telegraph, and sky men, and sky cities. Mountains of stone are built out of men's visions. Towers and skyscrapers swing up out of their wills and up out of their hearts.

• The Rising was mainly a piece of streat theatre designed by poets for dramatic effect. For better or worse, it became part of the founding myth which states need - but which they should move on from after a time. Major John MacBride, in a cameo performance in which he left Jacobs Mill, as he had entered it, immaculately dressed down to the white spats, told his colleagues Next time lads, don't shut yourself up behind four walls. It was good advice.

• When people travel here from across the country, they shed jealousies and politics and prejudices. The mighty climb down. The humble are elevated.

• Life is like walking along a crowded street--there always seem to be fewer obstacles to getting along on the opposite pavement--and yet, if one crosses over, matters are rarely mended.

• I hate those endless descriptions of a heroine's physical attributes . . . it really bothers me how in books it seems like the only two choices are perfection or self-hatred. As if readers will only like a character who's ideal--or completely shattered.

• The greatest gift we give each other is the quality of our attention.

• Peace will come to earth when the people have more to do with each other and governments less.

• Technology has to be invented or adopted.

• I love shopping. It's one of my favorite things to do with friends! My favorite stores are H&M, J.Crew, Gap, and Nordstrom.