Sri Lanka quotes

• Be careful about Burma. Most people cannot remember whether it was Siam and has become Thailand, or whether it is now part of Malaysia and should be called Sri Lanka.
    -- Alexander Cockburn

#Sri Lanka #People #Thailand

• If u come to Sri Lanka you will find that DHONI has more fans than any other Srilankan player.
    -- Arjuna Ranatunga

#Player #Sri Lanka #Dhoni

• Many instances of persecution and killing have occurred in countries with atrocious human rights records such as Sri Lanka, Guatemala and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
    -- David Suzuki

#Country #Rights #Sri Lanka

• Everywhere I go - from villages outside Kandy, Sri Lanka, to community centers in Amman, Jordan, to offices at the State Department in Washington, D.C. - I find people with a similar story. When thousands of people discover that their story is also someone else's story, they have the chance to write a new story together.
    -- Eboo Patel

#Writing #Sri Lanka #Office

• I realised in Sri Lanka that my dream of playing in a World Cup was a bridge too far,
    -- Jacques Kallis

#Dream #Sri Lanka #Bridges

• I love to travel with my family or my two best friends because I completely trust them. I forced my two best friends into learning to scuba dive with me in Sri Lanka - it was amazing but also hideous because we were learning in very difficult seas.
    -- Julia Sawalha

#Sea #Sri Lanka #Two

• Retiring from cricket is not about form. I feel that the time is now and it's right. I've tried to give everything I have when I've played the game, the game goes on. You can't hold onto it and people shouldn't be too sentimental. I think a lot better players and greater players have gone, and the game has gone on and there are new players who take the mantle, and in my case it won't be any different.
    -- Kumar Sangakkara

#Player #Thinking #Sri Lanka

• We've made three World T20 finals and won one - that's not by power-hitting. We've beaten the power-hitting sides quite easily and convincingly in all of those tournaments.
    -- Kumar Sangakkara

#Sri Lanka #Finals #Three

• We should not play like Australia or India or England - we should play like Sri Lanka.
    -- Mahela Jayawardene

#Sri Lanka #Play #Australia

• I am deeply concerned that Sri Lanka, despite the opportunity provided by the end of the war to construct a new vibrant, all-embracing state, is showing signs of heading in an increasingly authoritarian direction.
    -- Navi Pillay

#War #Opportunity #Sri Lanka

• A few countries like Sri Lanka and Honduras have led the way in slashing maternal mortality.
    -- Nicholas D. Kristof

#Country #Sri Lanka #Way

• If the U.S. wants to help people in tsunami-hit countries like Sri Lanka and Indonesia - not to mention other poor countries in Africa - there's one step that would cost us nothing and would save hundreds of thousands of lives. It would be to allow DDT in malaria-ravaged countries.
    -- Nicholas D. Kristof

#Country #Sri Lanka #Ddt

• I'm a doer, and whether it was the tsunami in Sri Lanka or the earthquake in Indonesia, I was always saying, I should be there; I should be helping out.
    -- Paul Walker

#Sri Lanka #Earthquakes #Doers

• Please pray with me for everyone in Sri Lanka and the Philippines as I begin my trip.
    -- Pope Francis

#Sri Lanka #Philippines #Praying

• Space is about 100 kilometers away. That’s far away—I wouldn’t want to climb a ladder to get there—but it isn’t that far away. If you’re in Sacramento, Seattle, Canberra, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Phnom Penh, Cairo, Beijing, central Japan, central Sri Lanka, or Portland, space is closer than the sea.
    -- Randall Munroe

#Japan #Sea #Sri Lanka

• No player can represent Sri Lanka in future without good fitness levels
    -- Sanath Jayasuriya

#Player #Sri Lanka #Levels

• India saw from the beginning, and, even in her ages of reason and her age of increasing ignorance, she never lost hold of the insight, that life cannot be rightly seen in the sole light, cannot be perfectly lived in the sole power of its externalities.
    -- Sri Aurobindo

#Ignorance #Light #Sri Lanka

• To listen to some devout people, one would imagine that God never laughs.
    -- Sri Aurobindo

#Inspirational #Sri Lanka #People

• India of the ages is not dead nor has she spoken her last creative word; she lives and has still something to do for herself and the human peoples.
    -- Sri Aurobindo

#Sri Lanka #Creative #Age

• The Gita is the greatest gospel of spiritual works ever yet given to the race.
    -- Sri Aurobindo

#Spiritual #Race #Sri Lanka

• Spirituality is indeed the master key of the Indian mind; the sense of the infinitive is native to it.
    -- Sri Aurobindo

#Keys #Sri Lanka #Mind

• Hidden nature is secret God.
    -- Sri Aurobindo

#Sri Lanka #Secret

• She saw the myriad gods, and beyond God his own ineffable eternity; she saw that there were ranges of life beyond our present life, ranges of mind beyond our present mind and above these she saw the splendors of the spirit.
    -- Sri Aurobindo

#Sri Lanka #Mind #Saws

• If we call ourselves children of God, then others are also children of God.
    -- Sri Chinmoy

#Children #Sri Lanka #Child Of God

• If we know the divine art of concentration, if we know the divine art of meditation, if we know the divine art of contemplation, easily and consciously we can unite the inner world and the outer world.
    -- Sri Chinmoy

#Art #Sri Lanka #Meditation

• Love is the only wealth that man absolutely needs. Love is the only wealth that God precisely is.
    -- Sri Chinmoy

#Love Is #Men #Sri Lanka

• By hating that person, you have lost something very sweet in yourself.
    -- Sri Chinmoy

#Sweet #Hate #Sri Lanka

• Today in Sri Lanka, Pope Francis visited a Buddhist temple. When asked why, the Pope said, 'Just keeping my options open. It's a dicey job market. You never know.'
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Buddhist #Jobs #Sri Lanka

• I am excited about it. No-one really knows him [Kumar Sangakkara] as a person and everyone is looking forward to that. Getting to know players like Amla, Ponting and Smith has been special and this is great, because he [Sangakkara] is here for two years, it's no flash in the pan.
    -- Jason Roy

#Player #Years #Sri Lanka

• When I was in Sri Lanka with the [Tamil] Tigers, there were editorials in the paper saying that soldiers really had to stop raping Tamil women at checkpoints because they were just creating more operatives. The [Tigers] were cognizant of this and exploited it: "Don't be a victim, join the movement.
    -- Mia Bloom

#Sri Lanka #Creating #Soldier

• After surviving the tsunami in Sri Lanka and facing that moment where I was not sure if I would live to see the next, I learned all that matters is now.
    -- Rosie Fellner

#Sri Lanka #Matter #Next

• Sri Lanka is a small island, and the war affected everybody. Everybody knew somebody who was killing or being killed.
    -- Ru Freeman

#War #Islands #Sri Lanka

• The fact that television and tourism have made the whole world accessible has created the illusion that we enjoy intimate knowledge of other places, when we barely scratch their surface. For the vast majority, the knowledge of Thailand or Sri Lanka acquired through tourism consists of little more than the whereabouts of the beach.
    -- Martin Jacques

#Beach #Sri Lanka #Tourism

• India claimed to have intervened in Sri Lanka to secure Tamil interests. In actual fact, India came to secure its own interests.
    -- Velupillai Prabhakaran

#Sri Lanka #India #Facts

• India deliberately aggravated Sri Lanka's ethnic crisis. It destabilized Sri Lanka [by training and arming Tamil militants, including the Tigers] so that it could play a dominant role in bringing Sri Lanka within its sphere of influence.
    -- Velupillai Prabhakaran

#Sri Lanka #Play #Training