Hard Core quotes

• The great book for you is the book that has the most to say to you at the moment when you are reading. I do not mean the book that is most instructive, but the book that feeds your spirit. And that depends on your age, your experience, your psychological and spiritual need.

• I wouldn't even call snowboarding a sport.  For me it's just a way of life.  It's a chance to finally shut your brain off, and live within the moment.  And, for as long as I am able, I will ride until the day I die.

• That's the value of a college education... I don't know anywhere in the world where you can make an investment and make that kind of return.

• Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

• I once went through the dustbin outside David Bowie's house.

• If I had a choice as to my perfect career, I would make a couple of films a year and then concentrate on natural history.

• I'm very happy for whatever plaudits might come the way of my work, but I never ever sit down to write x with y in view - whether it's a reader, a prize or a sale.

• All men that are ruined, are ruined on the side of their natural propensities.

• It's going to take a while for some of these things.

• Mobile phones ... they're not for communicating, they're for broadcasting. Broadcasting The Show Of Me.