Eclectic quotes

• What will I do with myself when I retire? When I quit my job, I do not want to quit living. Can I possibly be of use when retirement day comes, or will I just be taking up space?

• I've been in politics long enough to expect criticism and hostility. But I was unprepared for the hatred I get from Christians. Why do Christians hate so much?.

• There is no little sin, because no little God to sin against.

• If you have got the public in the palm of your hand, you can be sure that is where they want to be.

• For where does one run to when he's already in the promised land?

• We all need the living green or we'll shrivel up inside. To make the modern city livable is the task of our times.

• New developments in weapon systems during the 1950s and early 1960s created a situation that was most dangerous, and even conducive to accidental war.

• Not wanting to give everyone in your life one of your kidneys is not the same thing as hoping they die of kidney failure.

• Beautiful sentences pop into my head. Beautiful sentences that aren't always absolutely accurate. Then, I have to choose between the beautiful sentence and being absolutely accurate. It can be a difficult choice.

• I have an inability to relax. I try to make every day a work day. I get pleasure from work... I try to think of sketch ideas, stand-up pieces. I am incapable of leisure and leisure time.