Humming quotes

• Some time all kinds of letters will be published to the ineffable delight of endless readers.

• There is also the guitar player Pat Metheny with whom I'd like to work with: he is so elegant and so emotional when he plays that I am sure that, together, we could make a good team.

• The prevailing attitude towards nature is that form of heresy which denies substance and, in doing so, denies the rightfulness of creation. We have said - to the point of repletion, perhaps - that man is not to take his patterns from nature; but neither is he to waste himself in seeking to change her face.

• Literature that keeps employing new linguistic and formal modes of expression to draft a panorama of society as a whole while at the same time exposing it, tearing the masks from its face - for me that would be deserving of an award.

• Art in the classroom not only spurs creativity, it also inspires learning.

• Tibet is a beautiful and richly endowed region of our great motherland.

• Long as I was riding in a big Cadillac and dressed nice and had plenty of food, that's all I cared about.

• The time you spend with your best (employees) is, quite simply, your most productive time.

• Golf has become so manicured, so perfect. The greens, the fairways. I don't like golf carts. I like walking. Some clubs won't let you in unless you have a caddy and a cart.

• The first song I wrote, in fifth grade, was totally ripped from Jeffrey Lewis. My aunt's boyfriend gave me bass lessons, and I played drums for a year in sixth grade. Around seventh grade, I got a guitar and forgot everything else.