Self Harm quotes

• If I commit suicide, it will not be to destroy myself, but to put myself back together again. Suicide will be for me only one means of violently reconquering myself, of brutally invading my being, of anticipating the unpredictable approaches of God. By suicide, I reintroduce my design in nature, I shall for the first time give things the shape of my will.
    -- Antonin Artaud

#Suicide #Self Harm #Suicidal

• For exactly the same reason, it is sometimes satisfying to cut yourself and bleed. On those gray [sic] days where eight in the morning looks no different from noon and nothing has happened and nothing is going to happen and you are washing a glass in the sink and it breaks - accidentally - and punctures your skin. And then there is this shocking red, the brightest thing in the day, so vibrant it buzzes, this blood of yours. That is okay sometimes because at least you know you're alive.
    -- Augusten Burroughs

#Suicide #Morning #Self Harm

• i'm back at my cliff still throwing things off i listen to the sounds they make on their way down i follow him with my eyes 'till they crash imagine what my body would sound like slamming against those rocks.
    -- Bjork

#Suicide #Self Harm #Eye

• Never feel this bad again. Never come back to this place, where only a knife will do. Live a gentle and kind life. Don't do things that make you want to hurt yourself.
    -- Caitlin Moran

#Hurt #Self Harm #Knives

• Self-harm - the world will come at you with knives anyway. You do not need to beat them to it.
    -- Caitlin Moran

#Self Harm #Knives #Needs

• Nothing is static. Even the Mona Lisa is falling apart. Since fight club, I can wiggle half the teeth in my jaw. Maybe self-improvement isn't the answer. Maybe self-destruction is the answer.
    -- Charles Michael Davis

#Suicide #Self Harm #Fall

• Other times, I look at my scars and see something else: a girl who was trying to cope with something horrible that she should never have had to live through at all. My scars show pain and suffering, but they also show my will to survive. They're part of my history that'll always be there.
    -- Cheryl Rainfield

#Girl #Pain #Self Harm

• There were times I felt so anxious, almost like I was crawling out of my skin - that if I didn't do something physical to match the way I felt inside, I would explode. I cut myself to take my mind off that. I just didn't care what happened. I had no fear.
    -- Demi Lovato

#Self Harm #Cutting #Mind

• Sometimes I even cut myself to see how much it bleeds It's like adrenaline, the pain is such a sudden rush for me.
    -- Eminem

#Suicide #Pain #Self Harm

• Delia's arms were inscribed with a grid of self- inflicted wounds, an intricate text of self-loathing
    -- Jay McInerney

#Suicide #Self Harm #Arms

• The window was still open.” Mr Lisbon said. “I don’t think we’d ever remembered to shut it. It was all clear to me. I knew I had to close it or else she’d go on jumping out of it forever
    -- Jeffrey Eugenides

#Suicide #Self Harm #Thinking

• I may not be in control of anything else, but I am in control of my body.
    -- Karen Carpenter

#Suicide #Self Harm #Body

• Yes, there was something special about me, and I knew what it was. I was the kind of girl they found dead in a hall bedroom with an empty bottle of sleeping pills in her hand.
    -- Marilyn Monroe

#Girl #Suicide #Self Harm

• According to the brain-centered model of exercise performance, a runner achieves his race goal when his brain calculates that achieving the race goal is possible without catastrophic self-harm.
    -- Matt Fitzgerald

#Self Harm #Exercise #Race

• It's all about self-discipline. Like, self-obsession is connected completely with self-loathing, and it's the same with, if you've got a weight problem. It's all about... finding some worth in yourself, knowing that you've got the discipline to do it, and knowing that other people maybe can't do it. And it's also, I think, really connected to the fact that you almost feel, like, silent, you have no voice, you're mute, there's just no, you've got no option. Even if you could express yourself nobody would listen anyway. Things that go on inside you, there's no other way to get rid of them.
    -- Richey Edwards

#Self Harm #Thinking #Voice

• Help, I have done it again I have been here many times before Hurt myself again today And the worst part is There's no-one else to blame.
    -- Sia Furler

#Suicide #Hurt #Self Harm

• A successful suicide demands good organization and a cool head, both of which are usually incompatible with the suicidal state of mind.
    -- Susanna Kaysen

#Suicide #Self Harm #Suicidal