Obviousness quotes

• There's a depth of meaning all on its own in awareness being gentled. From within the subtlety of being gentled, the level of perception changes. Instead of perceiving the obviousness of experience, you're able as awareness to perceive most subtle meaning.
    -- John de Ruiter

#Perception #Depth #Obviousness

• Set up a situation that presents you with something slightly beyond your reach.

• And what we students of history always learn is that the human being is a very complicated contraption and that they are not good or bad but are good and bad and the good comes out of the bad and the bad out of the good, and the devil take the hindmost.

• One person really can make a difference. Each person is the revolution.

• Pilates is the only exercise program that has changed my body and made me feel great

• We are beginning to see practical support. And this is a very significant sign of the movement towards a new era, a new age.... We see both in our country and elsewhere... ghosts of the old thinking.... When we rid ourselves of their presence, we will be better able to move toward a new world order...relying on the relevent mechanisms of the United Nations.

• Will customers keep supporting the enormous overhead required to sustain ineffectual, unproductive stock picking across an array of thousands of individual funds devoted to every investing 'style' and economic sector or regional subgroup that some marketing idiot can dream up? Not likely. A brutal shakeout is coming and one of its revelations will be that stock picking is a grossly overrated piece of the puzzle, that cost control is what distinguishes a competitive firm from an uncompetitive one.

• I think we're approaching an era where there's a consistent dialogue going on between artists and consumers. And I think that's going to be part of the solution to actually selling music.

• Rennie didn't quite dare to answer back, but she looked a whole book and a couple of extra chapters.

• The Big-Media collective is slow, stupid and shackled by ideology. Reality must bite them before they'll recognize it, much less report it.

• Always remember there is nothing worth sharing, like the love that let us share our name.