Vocational Education quotes

• Even those who lose the battle are not cowards - if they have fought.

• . . when the target of crime is armed, there is more law present, more public policy present, and more public interest served than by all 20,000 gun laws in force.

• Fate has never ladled out hardship very evenly, and this frequently trips our often infantile sense of justice.

• That's the great thing about literature -- it makes the world less lonely.

• Let me tell you about my day. I get up at 8 o'clock in the morning. At 8:30 am, I leave the house and I arrive at my office at 8:37. I stay in the office until 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I get in my Porsche and I'm home at 2:03 because the one-way streets make it faster for me to drive. And between 8:36 am and 2 pm, I'm doing one of three things: I'm writing. I'm staring out the window. Or I'm writhing on the floor.

• "The true essence of humankind is kindness. There are other qualities which come from education or knowledge, but it is essential, if one wishes to be a genuine human being and impart satisfying meaning to one's existence, to have a good heart."

• A renaissance in cellular biology has recently revealed the molecular mechanisms by which thoughts and perceptions directly influence gene activity and cell behavior...Energy psychology, through its ability to rapidly identify and reprogram limiting misconceptions, represents the most powerful and effective process to enhance physical and emotional well being.

• The only show my mother could afford to take me to when I was growing up was Cats, for my birthday.

• I've given my life to the principle and the ideal of memory, and remembrance.

• What literature can and should do is change the people who teach the people who don't read the books.