Praise God quotes

• Better than nothing is not good enough for you!

• I want to thank all my teammates who scored so many runs and Joe DiMaggio, who ran down so many of my mistakes.

• I don't want to lose too much of the mystery by hammering every detail to death.

• The president broke his bond with the public. Once that bond was broken, he no longer had the capacity to talk to the American public. State of the Union addresses? It didn't matter. Legislative initiatives? It didn't matter. P.R.? It didn't matter. Travel? It didn't matter.

• I just wish the crowd I was associated with was more passionate about what they were doing and less consumed with the commerce of the art form.

• Our evenings are farewells. Our parties are testaments. So that the secret stream of suffering. May warm the cold of life.

• You can't talk your way out of something you behaved your way into. You have to behave your way out of it.

• I've had too many experiences in my life of being the first woman in some damned occupation.

• Well, one of the things a lot of Americans don't know, when Mitt Romney is nominated a few days from now, he will be the most experienced executive to be nominated for the presidency since Dwight Eisenhower in 1952, who had run a university and had run the allied war effort. That's actually a big deal.

• Success teaches us nothing; only failure teaches.