Young Children quotes

• I do believe that as you write more and age, the arrogance and most of the vanity goes. Or it is a vanity met with vast gratitude, that you were hit by something as you stood in the way of it, that anybody is listening.

• Statistical thinking will one day be as necessary for efficient citizenship as the ability to read and write!

• I have to admit I've found myself doing the same things that a lot of other rock stars do or are forced to do. Which is not being able to respond to mail, not being able to keep up on current music, and I'm pretty much locked away a lot. The outside world is pretty foreign to me.

• I happened to take a photo, and there was my wife, my dog and my banjo, all in the same shot - and I thought, "Oh, that's like a family portrait right there."

• Seek in reading and thou shalt find in meditation; knock in prayer and it shall be opened in contemplation.

• No one ever became great except through many and great mistakes.

• Somebody will always break your records. It is how you live that counts.

• It is incredible to me that my Twitter feed is a source of 'news' for every rock news outlet around the world.

• Human: That's stupid. Isn't there grass on both sides?

• Sometimes a name seems our most arbitrary possession, and sometimes it seems like the grain in a rock like a sculptor's hunk of Italian marble: Whack it and you might get either your first glimpse of a saint or a pile of rubble.