Foxholes quotes

• We had some good times at school. I didn't know how good those times were until I left, but I guess that's the way of it

• We must confront the privileged elite who have destroyed a large part of the world.

• When I grew up in Pittsburgh in my parents' restaurant, I was almost like a country bumpkin.

• It's the only thing I get inspired by! I get inspired by dreams. Who cares about the rest?

• I believe the connection is growing stronger. Just to think that 40-plus years ago, service members would return from combat to get spit on by so many civilians. Regardless of what we think about a conflict, we must always honor and be grateful for those men and women who serve.

• My dad left when I was 3 1/2, and he left my mom and I.

• Nature is man's teacher. She unfolds her treasures to his search, unseals his eye, illumes his mind, and purifies his heart; an influence breathes from all the sights and sounds of her existence.

• But how does it feel to plug into a system that's say, a million times as smart as a person.

• [Young] was afterwards accustomed to say, that at no period of his life was he particularly fond of repeating experiments, or even of very frequently attempting to originate new ones; considering that, however necessary to the advancement of science, they demanded a great sacrifice of time, and that when the fact was once established, that time was better employed in considering the purposes to which it might be applied, or the principles which it might tend to elucidate.

• People are starting to understand that the devices we carry with us reveal our location, who we're talking to, and all kinds of other information.