Kira quotes

• Here at the sea---especially at the sea---I could hear my sister’s voice in the waves: “Kira-kira! Kira-kira!
    -- Cynthia Kadohata

#Sea #Voice #Kira

• You make your own choices, Kira, and you can’t let anyone ever take that away from you.
    -- Dan Wells

#Choices #Kira #Away From You

• Jayden laughed grimly. 'Press the attack and hope for the best.' 'Hope is not a strategy,' said Kira 'It's not plan A,' said Jayden, 'and it shouldn't be plan B, but it is every plan C that has ever been made.
    -- Dan Wells

#Kira #Strategy #Made

• Mother of mercy,"said Tovar."And that caused the riot?" "It's the other way around,"said Kira sheepishly."We started the riot as a distraction for the jaibreak." Tovar whistled."You don't mess aroud." P303
    -- Dan Wells

#Mother #Kira #Way

• Kira is childish and hates to lose. I am also childish and hate to lose. - L
    -- Tsugumi Ohba

#Hate #Kira #Death Note

• That's the main business of the poem!-to see if you can't make up a language that sets all your selves talking at once-all of them being fair to each other.

• The humorous man recognizes that absolute purity, absolute justice, absolute logic and perfection are beyond human achievement and that men have been able to live happily for thousands of years in a state of genial frailty.

• After a lifetime of losing and gaining weight, I get it. No matter how you slice it, weight loss comes down to the simple formula of calories in, calories out.

• Sometimes river flows very strong, sometimes it flows very small, but it makes no difference to the ocean because it is satisfied in itself with its own quantity of water. Similarly, when our heart is cleansed with spirituality, we find pleasure and ecstasy with our own selves that is so sweet, so wonderful and so satisfying, that the so-called pleasures of this world no longer have any values, no appeal at all.

• Many applications of the coincidence method will therefore be found in the large field of nuclear physics, and we can say without exaggeration that the method is one of the essential tools of the modern nuclear physicist.

• Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity. From discord find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

• There's just so much love that goes into home cooking, and I think it will really help the American family overall. I'm hoping to maybe get a cookbook out one day because I've got some great family recipes.

• What I am really concerned about is what art is supposed to be - and can become.

• I went on tour in the play H.M.S. Pinafore.

• The first nine albums there was never a Synthesiser, never any Orchestra. There was never any other player except us on the albums.