Esoteric Wisdom quotes

• In this day and age if you've got the technology then it's vital to use that technology to track people down. The number on the database should be the maximum number you can get.

• When I write, the first blank page, or any blank page, means nothing to me. What means something is a page that has been filled with words.

• When I first asked to take pictures of women at their homes, I was using my formal camera and I struggled to get the shots because I was still very much in the role of the photographer. Then the next time I had this little digital camera and their response to me would be completely different - I was a friend and I got new kinds of pictures. I was always treading a line between photographer and friend.

• An audience is pleasant if you have it, it is flattering and flattering is agreeable always, but if you have an audience the being an audience is their business, they are the audience you are the writer, let each attend to their own business.

• What I've come to learn is that the world is never saved in grand messianic gestures, but in the simple accumulation of gentle, soft, almost invisible acts of compassion, everyday acts of compassion. In South Africa they have a phrase called ubuntu. Ubuntu comes out of a philosophy that says, the only way for me to be human is for you to reflect my humanity back at me.

• Art is always, even at its most repulsive, an impassioned cry of love.

• They said, congratulations you got what it takes. They sent him back to the rat race without any brakes.

• Something unfathomable lies behind every thought ... something for which there aren't any words.

• Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause. I had hoped that liberal and enlightened thought would have reconciled the Christians so that their [NOT our!] religious fights would not endanger the peace of Society.

• Wealth is something that is closer to the heart.