Underworld quotes

• The people at the CafĂ© Lehmitz had a presence and a sincerity that I myself lacked. It was okay to be desperate, to be tender, to sit all alone or share the company of others. There was a great warmth and tolerance in this destitute setting.

• I don't compose. I assemble materials.

• You're not simply entitled to be an actor - you're not an actor just because you call yourself one - you earn it. You earn it by working.

• Macy's has severed ties with Donald Trump and no longer will carry his men's wear collection. From now on, men who want to look like Donald Trump will have to hunt and kill their own hair piece.

• There's no Chanel collection without black. (It) will never exist. Who can live without some black clothes.

• Every season of life has its compensations ...

• Holding onto something that's gone only makes a sickness inside.

• We have to separate here the church in its broad sense. We have Catholics, Protestants, Eastern Orthodox churches. The Catholic church is a corporation like a chief executive. A fairly homogenous operation. Today its attitude toward anti-Semitism is much more severe than it's ever been. The Catholic Church today is much less the problem than the other groups.

• When an attractive but ALOOF ("cool") man comes along, there are some of us who offer to shine his shoes with our underpants. There are thousands of scientific concepts as to why this is so, and yes, yes, it's very sick but none of this helps.

• Taking smart risks can be very gratifying.