Hereafter quotes

• Parliament has become so undermined it is almost unable to do the job that people expect of it. A glaring example is the budget bill, where there was no thoughtful debate or scrutiny of the legislation.

• It is the framework which changes with each new technology and not just the picture within the frame.

• As an African-American male born with a couple of strikes against you because of your skin color, I think it's very, very important to have some positive role models around, especially male influences.

• The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.

• Yet however comforting and peaceful beach-combing is, it ends up like the sea, as disturbing as it is reassuring. In dark moments I believe that walking on a beach at low tide is to be looking for death, or at least anticipating it. You will only find the dead, the spilled and the cast-off. Things torn free of their life or their place.

• Al Gore has made no serious attempt to level the playing field for U.S. agriculture exports, which have fallen 16 percent in the last three years. And Al Gore has opposed every serious proposal to provide American farmers with meaningful tax relief.

• Be careful what you wish for, you may receive it.

• One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet.

• Gay people are born everyday. You will never legislate that away.

• Life is made up of desires that seem big and vital one minute, and little and absurd the next. I guess we get what's best for us in the end.