Older Brother quotes

• The cause of all our personal problems and nearly all the problems of the world can be summed up in a single sentence: Human life is very deep, and our modern dominant lifestyle is not.

• To paraphrase Jane Austen, it is a truth universally acknowledged that a married man in possession of a vast fortune must be in want of a newer, younger wife.

• My good friend Walter Mondale is a good lapdog. He'll give them [special interest groups] everything they want. He'll lick every hand.

• You dress to impress," I said approvingly. "No, Angel." He leaned in, his teeth softly grazing my ear. "I undress to impress.

• I see God in the face of children. If there were no children on this Earth, if somebody announced that all kids are dead, I would jump off the balcony immediately. I'm done.

• I've always been more visual-based. I've kept my musical tendencies kind of in the closet.

• I fear that if the matter is beyond humanity, it is certainly beyond me.

• Under President Bachmann you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again,

• Saving the world happens one person at a time. Be at the front of the queue.

• Love is too prone to trust. Would I could think My charges false and all too rashly made.