Useful Things quotes

• Mars is not an aesthetic God.

• It's harder to appreciate what you don't have to look hard to find.

• Not even the most heavily-armed police state can exert brute force to all of its citizens all of the time. Meme management is so much subtler; the rose-tinted refraction of perceived reality, the contagious fear of threatening alternatives.

• To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.

• I grew up in the Lower East Side of New York.

• Mother's Day is coming up soon. If you're lucky enough to still have your mother, tell her you're grateful to her [...] at some point, we must forgive each other for being flawed human beings. Many of us have trouble putting love or gratitude into words, but keep in mind that out actions always reveal our feelings. Always.

• The first movie I appeared in was Carry On Cowboy, though not as an actor. I was just riding horses.

• Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know.

• My family was all born in Sicily and I'm Italian-American. They're the real thing. They're authentic Italians, and honestly they're the most open-minded, nicest people in the world and nothing can really offend them. That's the way I think true Sicilians are.

• I don't see why Christians should censor themselves out of any forum in which our perspectives can be heard. I disagree with the theology of many groups that I address; Jews, for example, who do not accept Jesus, or atheists.