Kelsier quotes

• You can't control how other people see you or think of you. But you have to be comfortable with that.

• My father was having an affair with a 16-year-old when Mum was pregnant with me. She found out when I was three weeks old and left, not surprisingly.

• Among human beings, the subjection of women is much more complete at a certain level of civilization than it is among savages. And the subjection is always reinforced by morality.

• At the root of the shy temperament is a deep fear of social judgment, one so severe it can sometimes be crippling. Introverted people don't worry unduly about whether they'll be found wanting, they just find too much socializing exhausting and would prefer either to be alone or in the company of a select few people.

• I leave shreds of my soul on every experience,

• You can't start the next chapter of your life

• Pharmaceutical companies are very annoyed with niacin because their products have to compete with it. Some of their cholesterol-lowering drugs cost up to $150 a month while niacin costs about $10.

• By the time I was in sixth grade I could bound every country in the world from memory.

• The only person who could make me stop singing is the one who made me sing: God, the beauty up there!

• There is Indian time and white man's time. Indian time means never looking at the clock. ... There is not even a word for time in our language.