External Forces quotes

• Sometimes the dreams that come true are the dreams you never even knew you had.

• There is no substitution for hustle, and if you don't hustle there will be substitution

• Sooner or later usually means too late

• Latin American countries are part of the West and that it is reasonable to expect a certain degree of openness in their societies that we do not demand of, say, China or Vietnam.

• I carried it (a revolver) religiously and during the summer I asked a friend, a man who had been one of Franklin's bodyguards in New York State, to give me some practice in target shooting so that if the need arose I would know how to use the gun.

• It may not seem that way, but I am an absolute optimist, an unrepentant optimist.

• And everybody’s running around talking about ‘Zionists’ all day. Okay, just keep parroting that over and over again.

• Guilt can make you doubt yourself at the very moment when you need to proceed with certainty.

• I just know I'm too much of a wuss for Stephen King's books. I'm way too chicken to read horror.

• How strange it seems that education, in practice, so often means suppression: that instead of leading the mind outward to the light of day it crowds things in upon it that darken and weary it.