Our Deepest Fear quotes

• In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.

• It is one of the noblest duties of a university to advance knowledge, and to diffuse it not merely among those who can attend the daily lectures—but far and wide.

• Revolution does have to be violent precisely because the Pharaoh won't let you go. If the Pharaoh would let you go, the revolution won't have to be violent.

• The brilliance of art as a collectible is that it has a way of reaching out on an emotional level. It touches on mystery, even spirituality.

• Being a fool for God was not merely alright but liberating.

• I take it that what all men are really after is some form or perhaps only some formula of peace.

• I think that music, or at least the kind of music that I make, benefits greatly from improvisation.

• Heroism is not fighting some big battle. It is not standing up to some fearsome foe ... Heroism is every day getting up with a mission to show this world that you are going to light it up with your spirit, to make the best out of yourself.

• A strong brand is the only thing that can tip the balance of power between distributors and a manufacturer back into the manufacturer's favor.

• You don't need a guidebook to see New Orleans - just a good pair of shoes.