Hypnosis quotes

• Persuasion is often more effectual than force.
    -- Aesop

#Hypnosis #Literature #Persuasion

• Modern dancers give a sinister portent about our times. The dancers don't even look at one another. They are just a lot of isolated individuals jiggling in a kind of self-hypnosis and dancing with others only to remind themselves that we are not completely alone in this world.
    -- Agnes de Mille

#Self #Hypnosis #Giving

• Within the next generation I believe that the world's leaders will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Believe #Government #Hypnosis

• I tried reading Hilbert. Only his papers published in mathematical periodicals were available at the time. Anybody who has tried those knows they are very hard reading.
    -- Alonzo Church

#Reading #Hypnosis #Paper

• I have tried to keep on with my striving because this is the only hope I have of ever achieving anything worthwhile and lasting.
    -- Arthur Ashe

#Sports #Hypnosis #Lasting Love

• If I have any justification for having lived it's simply, I'm nothing but faults, failures and so on, but I have tried to make a good pair of shoes. There's some value in that.
    -- Arthur Miller

#Hypnosis #Shoes #Pairs

• Circumstances are beyond human control, but our conduct is in our own power.
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

#Intelligent #Power #Hypnosis

• I listened to many different types of instruments and music, and have always tried to look at the bass as an instrument as opposed to only a bass.
    -- Billy Sheehan

#Hypnosis #Different #Looks

• Well, I actually wrote her a letter a couple of days ago congratulating her. The tone I tried to convey in the letter is, look, you are a part of a great American historical process.
    -- Bruce Babbitt

#Couple #Hypnosis #Historical

• The relationship between Cathy and Mom in the strip is the one relationship drawn from real life that I have proudly never even tried to disguise.
    -- Cathy Guisewite

#Mom #Real #Hypnosis

• The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
    -- Charles Darwin

#Love Life #Hypnosis #Self Control

• Almost all people are hypnotics. The proper authority saw to it that the proper belief should be induced, and the people believed properly.
    -- Charles Fort

#Hypnosis #People #Deceit

• I tried acupuncture, the patch, and hypnosis, but found that I needed to do it alone - when the time was right for me.
    -- Christy Turlington

#Hypnosis #Acupuncture #Patches

• The superhuman power which exhiliration and hypnosis bring to a dancer is shown especially clearly in his almost inconceivable staying powers in a state of high tension. "In the dance even the weakest can do wonders."
    -- Curt Sachs

#Dance #Hypnosis #Dancing

• I have never tried to fiddle my role as leader of the city of Sheffield, as an MP or as a minister.
    -- David Blunkett

#Hypnosis #Mps #Cities

• People often ask me if I'm working on a book. That's not how I feel. I feel like I work in a book. It's like putting myself under a spell. And this spell, if you will, is so real to me that if I have to leave my work for a few days, I have to work myself back into the spell when I come back. It's almost like hypnosis.
    -- David McCullough

#Real #Book #Hypnosis

• The collective dream is the hypnosis of social conditioning. Only sages, psychotics & geniuses manage to break free.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Dream #Hypnosis #Genius

• It is only by questioning what people take for granted, what people hold to be true, that we can break through the hypnosis of social conditioning.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Hypnosis #People #Granted

• Although we think that we think, most of the time we are being thought by the collective mind, the hypnosis of conditioning.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Thinking #Hypnosis #Mind

• House Democrats have tried to increase port security funding on this House floor four times over the last 4 years, and House Republicans have defeated our efforts every single time.
    -- Dennis Cardoza

#Hypnosis #Years #House

• I'm a performer. I've tried everything there is.
    -- Gene Pitney

#Hypnosis #Performers

• As you begin this day, tell yourself, Today I am incarnated anew! I am released from the hypnosis of my old habits and mistakes! Everything that I have long dreamed of doing I will accomplish in this, my new life.
    -- Goswami Kriyananda

#Life #Mistake #Hypnosis

• I've thought of the last line of some poems for years and tried them out, It wouldn't work because the last line was much too beautiful for the poem.
    -- Howard Nemerov

#Beautiful #Hypnosis #Years

• Want to lose weight? Kick a bad habit? Well you might want to try hypnosis! ... no longer regarded as mere hocus-pocus, it's been shown as an effective means of helping people quit smoking, shed pounds, reduce stress, and end phobias.
    -- Jane Pauley

#Stress #Mean #Hypnosis

• I worked with some wonderful people, tried my best and I feel comfortable.
    -- Janet Reno

#Hypnosis #People #Wonderful

• I can't belong to groups. I've tried. I behave normally, but people don't look at me normally.
    -- Jeanne Moreau

#Hypnosis #People #Groups

• You can not make someone love you. You can not be thin enough or white enough or famous enough. The choice is entirely the other person's. Then again, you might try hypnosis.
    -- Jessica Zafra

#Love You #Hypnosis #White

• Hypnosis is a powerful force and in my opinion should be employed only by the best-trained and most ethical professionals for very important reasons.
    -- Joe J. Christensen

#Powerful #Hypnosis #Important

• I've always tried to stay true to my authentic self.
    -- Katie Couric

#Hypnosis #Self #Stay True

• By combining elements such as hypnosis, magic, neurolinguistic programming and psychology, I can make it appear that I can hack into people's brains.
    -- Keith Barry

#Hypnosis #People #Psychology

• It was Noel Coward whose technique I envied and tried to emulate. I collected all his records and writing.
    -- Kenneth Williams

#Writing #Hypnosis #Coward

• I tried to look presentable for a show, but not for sexual attraction. It was strictly for show business.
    -- Little Richard

#Hypnosis #Looks #Shows

• I should have done it years ago. It's amazing I didn't even want cigarettes anymore.
    -- Matt Damon

#Years #Hypnosis #Done

• An idea accepted as true from any source can be every bit as powerful as hypnosis.
    -- Maxwell Maltz

#Powerful #Hypnosis #Ideas

• You use hypnosis not as a cure but as a means of establishing a favorable climate in which to learn.
    -- Milton H. Erickson

#Mean #Hypnosis #Climate

• The most dramatic instances of directed behavior change and "mind control" are not the consequence of exotic forms of influence, such as hypnosis, psychotropic drugs, or "brainwashing," but rather the systematic manipulation of the most mundane aspects of human nature over time in confining settings.
    -- Philip Zimbardo

#Hypnosis #Drug #Mind

• I have never tried to compare myself to anyone else.
    -- Sachin Tendulkar

#Sports #Hypnosis #Compare

• The NLP/HNLP Coach Practitioner Training in combination with Hypnosis I were just the 9 days that I needed. I enjoyed the many practical excercises. As a Coach, building a stronger relationship with my unsconscious mind is the best way I can help my coachees too. Thank you!
    -- Schalk Burger

#Hypnosis #Training #Mind

• Hypnosis I believe is real. The only problem I guess I have is that, you know, if God or somebody who passed on in my life wanted to talk to me, why wouldn't they come directly to me?
    -- Sean Hannity

#Real #Believe #Hypnosis

• I have with me two gods, Persuasion and Compulsion.
    -- Themistocles

#Two #Hypnosis #Persuasion

• As far as hypnosis is concerned, I had a very serious problem when I was in my twenties. I encountered a man who later became the president of the American Society of Medical Hypnosis. He couldn't hypnotize me.
    -- Theodore Sturgeon

#Men #Hypnosis #President

• I've watched my duty, straight an' true, an' tried to do it well; Part of the time kept heaven in view, An' part steered clear of hell.
    -- Will Carleton

#Views #Hypnosis #Heaven

• I've tried body surfing. It's nice.
    -- Ziggy Marley

#Nice #Hypnosis #Surfing

• I believe the biggest advancement in DJ culture is that DJs are being vocal and are a voice to raise the consciousness of the masses towards making our planet awaken from the hypnosis of the matrix.
    -- DJ QBert

#Believe #Voice #Hypnosis

• Hypnosis. You know, I'm not a big fan of that bark like a chicken, cluck like a dog stuff.
    -- Jack O'Neill

#Dog #Hypnosis #Fans

• When I came to England I was quite surprised to see that you people have it too. But why people are so interested in other people's private lives is beyond me. It's like group hypnosis, or something - a giant distraction.
    -- Robert B. Weide

#Hypnosis #People #Groups

• Since this was the first and only series I had ever produced, I was unaware of what the "Normal" environment was for a studio. I tried to run it as I did in my SF studio.
    -- Joe Murray

#Running #Hypnosis #Firsts