Endgame quotes

• It`s always fun when somebody who you admire and respect is the voice - is your voice, as a viewer.

• Prayer is an august avowal of ignorance.

• God became man, granted. The devil became a woman.

• We know great art by its effect on us. If we are prepared to look without preconceptions, without defenses, without haste, then art will change us.

• My thing is that I'm in love with love. Actually, I'm in love with the possibility of true love. Which could be considered a major problem.

• When one treats people with benevolence, justice and righteousness, and reposes confidence in them, the army will be united in mind and all will be happy to serve their leaders.

• God is not averse to deceit in a holy cause.

• Sometimes when I get home at night in Washington I feel as though I had been in a great traffic jam.

• Life is islands of ecstasy in an ocean of ennui, and after the age of thirty land is seldom seen.

• As soon as the printing press started flooding Europe with books, people were complaining that there were too many books and that it was going to change philosophy and the course of human thought in ways that wouldnt necessarily be good.