Footloose quotes

• I think it's good to surround yourself with people you care about and that care about you, and you all trust each other, and then you don't have to worry about problems and shitty stuff happening.

• Lonnie says it doesn't take long to write a song if you're stricken with a severe case of the Tennysons. He wasn't necessarily talking about a chart-climber.

• The greatest source of unhappiness comes from inside.

• The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

• Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche commenting on the music of Georges Bizet: His music has the tang of sunny climates, their bracing air, their clearness. It voices a sensibility hitherto unknown to us.

• Our problem is that we are in the Word but not under the Word.

• Everyone's brain works in a different way. I didn't feel smart in school; I just didn't get it. I thought I was an idiot. Until I got out.

• I grew up in a house full of women. I have two older sisters and my mum who is a very strong woman.

• The most influential person in Europe in the last 20 to 30 years has been Margaret Thatcher. Without her we'd all be living in some French bloody unemployed republic.

• Getting anything off the ground is going to require a little bit of risk. That risk starts with sharing the idea.