Unsuccessful quotes

• It's funny because my main awkwardness around writing the song had little to do with the method.

• The question is yet before the court.

• The craving for power is in itself a sign of inferior abilities and unfitness for responsibility.

• Time is a part of eternity, and of the same piece with it.

• I do not have the angst and the anxiety of my youth. I've gotten to a place where I'm very comfortable with who I am.

• In the name of a greater civilization, we curse those who for the sake of their ambitious dreams, brought about the massacre of so many young lives. No matter how brutal the crime, you will always get glorification of its heroism and tradition from the eunuchs of bourgeois culture.

• There is no principle involved in my holdout. Only money.

• I don't actually like blocking actors. I prefer giving actors freedom. They don't have to step on a precise mark with me. Instead of giving marks to the actors I like to give marks to the camera.

• The right place for the League of Nations is not Geneva or the Hague, Ascher Ginsberg has dreamed of a Temple on Mount Zion where the representatives of all nations should dedicate a Temple of Eternal Peace. Only when all peoples of the earth shall go to THIS temple as pilgrims is eternal peace to become a fact.

• A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the world's worship . . . . [H]is master works for the means wherewith to purchase the idle wag of the Solomonic tail, seasoned with a look of tolerant recognition.