Objectifying quotes

• I have problems with a lot of photography, particularly street photography and photojournalism - objectifying the other, finding the contempt and exoticism that you might feel within yourself or toward yourself and projecting it out to others. There can be an abusive power to photography, too.
    -- Barbara Kruger

#Photography #Objectifying #Might

• I have a problem with objectifying women, but I don't have a problem playing a guy who objectifies women.
    -- Emilio Estevez

#Guy #Objectifying #Problem

• I think that as soon as you think of yourself as a famous person or anything like that, you're objectifying yourself in some weird way.
    -- Ethan Hawke

#Thinking #Way #Objectifying

• The mythology of the New Testament, also, is not to be questioned with respect to the content of its objectifying representations but with respect to the understanding of existence that expresses itself in them.
    -- Rudolf Bultmann

#Understanding #Objectifying #Mythology

• We commit not only theoretical error but also moral wrong in objectifying ourselves or other rational beings, ignoring their capacities for free action and communicative interaction with us.
    -- Allen W. Wood

#Errors #Objectifying #Action

• I traced the path I walk today and my goals are many. I think that I'm achieving my goals.

• It is impossible to be a mathematician without being a poet in soul.

• We're not going to play the blues anymore. Let the white folks play the blues. They got 'em, so they can keep 'em.

• Knowing is half the battle. Explaining it is the other half.

• Love has no uttermost, as the starshave no number and the sea no rest.

• Monetary relations have penetrated into every nook and cranny of the world and into almost every aspect of social, even private life.

• Art depends on luck and talent.

• I am continually fascinated at the difficulty intelligent people have in distinguishing what is controversial from what is merely offensive.

• I have no question: It is enough, I know what fixed the station Of star and cloud. And knowing all, I cry. . . .

• Man often acquires just so much knowledge as to discover his ignorance, and attains so much experience as to regret his follies, and then dies.