Engaging quotes

• [Eva Braun] loved [Adolf Hitler]. She would have done that had she been able to spend 10 minutes with him. She endured a lot on his behalf, there's a great deal on that subject to be said.

• When I was a little boy and played Liebestraum, my father used to hit me on the head with a newspaper every time I slopped the cadenza . . . I hate Liebestraum.

• One eye looks within, the other eye looks without.

• Oosthuizen's red spot is a classic example of what's known in sports psychology as a process goal-a technique by which the athlete is required to focus on something, however minor, to prevent them from thinking about other things: in Oosthuizen's case, all the ways he could possibly screw up the shot.

• It's so hard to get up again—although of course the harder it is the more satisfaction you have when you do get up, haven't you?

• I am insecure. Everyone's insecure.

• I lived in a world where I didn't share the love for my stepfather that my mother shared for him. She married him.

• Edits are very important to me - they're the way in which I work on everything.

• After adding trillions to the debt on big-government policies most Americans didn't ask for and which we couldn't afford, Democratic leaders say they need more money, which they intend to take from small business, even though small businesses create the majority of new jobs.

• Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts. (Leonard Shelby, Memento)