Veterinarian quotes

• The more uncomfortable I feel, that's where I know the magic is.

• Darwin's greatest achievement was to show that the appearance of purpose, planning, teleology (design), and intentionality in the origin and development of human and animal species was entirely an illusion. The illusion could be explained by evolutionary processes that contained no such purpose at all. But the spread of ideas through imitation required the whole apparatus of human consciousness and intentionality

• Faulty execution of a winning combination has lost many a game on the very brink of victory. In such cases a player sees the winning idea, plays the winning sacrifice and then inverts the order of his fellow-up moves or misses the really clinching point of his combination.

• Concentrated serum albumin fractionated from blood plasma was effective in battlefield treatment of shock.

• Daily vitamins are of no value.

• The truth of good economic doctoring is to know the general principles, and to really know the specifics. To understand the context, and also, to understand that an economy may need some tender loving care, not just the so-called hard truths, if it's going to get by.

• At the profoundest depths in life, men talk not about God but with Him.

• I put on a big show when I write something I think is funny.

• The sum of all sums is eternity.

• Cease to sin, because you will not meet Allah with anything [as valuable] as few sins.