Oxytocin quotes

• When dogs and humans make eye contact, that actually releases what's known as the love hormone, oxytocin, in both the dog and the human.
    -- Brian Hare

#Dog #Eye #Oxytocin

• Of course, if 40% of women need oxytocin to progress normally, then something is wrong with the definition of normal.
    -- Henci Goer

#Oxytocin #Progress #Needs

• Oxytocin connects us to other people; oxytocin makes us feel what other people feel. And it's easy to cause people's brains to release oxytocin. Let me show you. Come here. Give me a hug.
    -- Paul J. Zak

#Oxytocin #People #Giving

• Oxytocin infusion increases generosity in unilateral monetary transfers by 80 percent [and] increases donations to charity by 50 percent.
    -- Paul J. Zak

#Oxytocin #Generosity #Brain

• Showing kindness causes oxytocin release in the recipient that motives him or her to be kind to others. You can start this virtuous cycle in the simplest ways, for example, by giving someone a hug. I send you a hug!
    -- Paul J. Zak

#Kindness #Oxytocin #Giving

• That's what falling in love really amounted to, your brain on drugs. Adrenaline and dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin. Chemical insanity, celebrated by poets.
    -- Tess Gerritsen

#Falling In Love #Oxytocin #Insanity

• Like the oxytocin you get as a mom makes you forget everything constantly. And I'm a totally different person after having a kid.
    -- Larkin Grimm

#Mom #Kids #Oxytocin

• Oxytocin is the hormone of love. We share it when we have a good conversation, we share it when we make love, and when we hug, and BIRTH is the biggest brightest time of rich oxytocin-sharing.
    -- Robin Lim

#Oxytocin #Making Love #Hug

• Oxytocin rocks the world.
    -- Robin Lim

#Rocks #Oxytocin #World

• I love the idea of leaving some of the original abstract thought in, because the problem is that when you pick up a pen you become a snob, your own worse critic. You edit yourself in a way that is non-creative.

• To find recreation in amusements is not happiness; for this joy springs from alien and extrinsic sources, and is therefore dependent upon and subject to interruption by a thousand accidents, which may minister inevitable affliction.

• We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching. You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that.

• Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything & and make your optimisom come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best. Forget the mistakes of the past & press on the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to critize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side as long as you are true to the best that is in you.

• Some people have an unrealistic expectation when it comes to getting published; the fact is most publishers will turn down your work which is why you need to be persistent.

• Fundamental [tax] reform almost always runs the risk of making things worse.

• God doesn’t tell you to do hard things so He can stand back and laugh and watch you struggle. He tells you to do things the things that He knows are gonna work out to your good in the end.

• I really enjoy singing and I really enjoy acting, but singing I've been doing since I was really young.

• The Bible is God's Word expressed and revealed to his creature, man.

• Patience is a flatterer, sir, and an ass, sir.