Expediency quotes

• The mistake that was made was, of course, leaving Saddam in charge of affairs over there.

• My definition of a friend is somebody who adores you even though they know the things you're most ashamed of.

• Looking back, you realize that everything would have explained itself if you had only stopped interrupting.

• It is the nature of stories to leave out far more than they include.

• The "patron saint" of Japanese quality control, ironically, is an American named W. Edwards Deming, who was virtually unknown in his own country until his ideas of quality control began to make such a big impact on Japanese companies.

• Of all wild beasts on earth or in sea, the greatest is a woman.

• Real teams are much more likely to flourish if leaders aim their sights on performance results that balance the needs of customers, employees, and shareholders.

• If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. The world will be yours and everything in it, what's more, you'll be a man, my son.

• In fact, writing for younger adults is tougher. They remember everything and if they spot a problem, they'll be sure to let you know.

• I love design, so it's important for me to have a creative outlet.