Yeoman quotes

• And through the hall there walked to and fro A jolly yeoman, marshall of the same, Whose name was Appetite; he did bestow Both guestes and meate, whenever in they came, And knew them how to order without blame.
    -- Edmund Spenser

#Order #Names #Yeoman

• A chief petty officer taught me shorthand, which got me promoted to yeoman first class.
    -- Jack Adams

#Class #Yeoman #Firsts

• What faith has not been used by demagogues as a club over somebody's head?

• Because I have something to say doesn't mean everyone has to take it too seriously or get too upset that it rubs them the wrong way.

• While the end-of-the-world scenario will be rife with unimaginable horrors, we believe that the pre-end period will be filled with unprecedented opportunities for profit.

• The man who loves home best, and loves it most unselfishly, loves his country best.

• When you're Happy for No Reason, you bring happiness to your outer experiences rather than trying to extract happiness from them. You don't need to manipulate the world around you to try to make yourself happy. You live from happiness, rather than for happiness.

• I paint is the way I see things with my eyes and in my heart.

• Who watches golf on TV? Who calls eight friends over and gets a keg of beer? Landscapers, I guess. They sit around the TV, yelling, "Will you look at that golf path?Pure pea gravel."

• So, deadpan I think just means not acknowledging for one second that you think that this is funny and clever.

• The physical symptoms of fight or flight are what the human body has learned over thousands of years to operate efficiently and at the highest level...anxiety is a cognitive interpretation of that physical response.

• I feel that it would be tedious for a person to have only one life. It would be much better to have two or three lives going on simultaneously...