Offspring quotes

• What do we expect the climate to do? How will it affect people? And how can we protect people from hardship? We should be willing to face the facts that things may not go very well.

• So how do theists respond to arguments like this? [The Argument from Evil] They say there is a reason for evil, but it is a mystery. Well, let me tell you this: I'm actually one hundred feet tall even though I only appear to be six feet tall. You ask me for proof of this. I have a simple answer: it's a mystery. Just accept my word for it on faith. And that's just the logic theists use in their discussions of evil.

• Imagination is a beast that has to be put in a cage.

• In the meanest are all the materials of manhood, only they are not rightly disposed.

• A very good side playing at the sort of level we are aspiring to.

• My wife calls me the Imelda Marcos of books. As soon as a book enters our home it is guaranteed a permanent place in our lives. Because I have never been able to part with even one, they have gradually accumulated like sediment.

• I'm known as a kind of dramatic, serious, almost humorless actor and the fact is, I'm a funny guy, and I spend most of my life trying to find a lighter side of things, and on stage was given plenty of opportunity to do that.

• Fear is the tax that conscience pays to guilt.

• Whatever nature gives us, we explore & we build on.

• I'm sorry, I'm a little busy. Can i ignore you later?