Undaunted quotes

• I hadn't really thought about going to college. Nobody in my family went away to school. The other piece of that was I didn't see anybody else in my hometown going to college to give me some kind of influence or something like that you might want to think about. I didn't see any of that. Therefore I thought it was never there. What happened was that my high school coach intervened. Had he not intervened to the measure he intervened, I probably wouldn't have gone.

• I compensate for big risks by always doing my homework and being well-prepared. I can take on larger risks by reducing the overall risk.

• The artist likes to seem totally responsible for his work. Often he begins to explain it, to make it appear as if it were a reasonable process.

• I'm healthy now. I probably wouldn't say I'm at my best fitness level and I haven't played that much lately, but I'm healthy and that's all that matters.

• I'm not running around as a continual ray of sunshine. It's just I don't believe in wasting time feeling sorry for myself. Get over it.

• The prime rule of reality is that we must become in our lives what we choose to experience in the world.

• You are forever alone.

• In football, the result is an impostor. You can do things really, really well but not win. There's something greater than the result, more lasting - a legacy.

• It is easier to lead men to combat, stirring up their passion, than to restrain them and direct them toward the patient labors of peace.

• In five billion years, the sun will expand and engulf our orbit as the charred ember that was once Earth vaporizes. Have a nice day